A simple and tasty Tomato Basil Soup recipe that works for just about any diet!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 10 medium Roma tomatoes, cubed
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- Half medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cups chicken bone broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (or coconut cream for paleo)
- 2 tbsp chopped Fresh basil
- Salt and pepper as desired
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease. Toss the tomato chunks with olive oil, onion and minced garlic. Arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet and place in the oven for about 20 minutes, until the skin on the tomatoes puckers. Transfer the tomato, onion and garlic (and any liquid on the pan) into a blender and puree until smooth. Pour the tomato puree into a large pot over medium heat. Stir in broth and basil and add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and then slowly stir in the cream. Add fresh basil as a garnish and enjoy!